Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Prague Pt.2 - The Celebration

While the day was all about history and learning, this particular night was all about celebrating. Given the time difference between Prague and Sydney, I knew that my CPA results would be online and ready for me to check at 9am. I'm usually pretty nervous right before I check my results but this time was different. Being the 6th out of 6 exams I had to sit for CPA, I knew that if I passed I would finally be able to advance to CPA status. What would this mean? It would mean that I'd finally be a Certified Practicing Accountant but more importantly than that …. NO MORE STUDY EVER AGAIN!!! Well it turns out I smashed my final exam and so a massive celebration was totally justified :)

So how should I celebrate? A nice dinner? Maybe a bottle of Champagne? A good bottle of red at the very least?. Not me. My celebration took place in a dive called the Roxy. The sign on the door read something along the lines of "firearms and/or ammunition must not be brought inside" but the bouncer didn't frisk anyone so from the outset both Alice and I felt perfectly safe lol.

We walked down a few floors into a dungeon of darkness with only a droning baseline showing us the way. We made our way inside and proceeded to cross-step the night away to some kick-arse Drum n Bass courtesy of the world famous DnB DJ, Klute. To my surprise, Alice totally dug it and managed to hold her own with the Praha locals (Henry, you would have been proud!).

I'm totally doing an awesome dance move here, you just can't tell in the photo ;)
Some people can hold their liquor ...
... some people can't.
Check out the amazing blue sky on our walk home.
These guys were actually really good. They were playing an acoustic version of Cowboys from Hell by Pantera.
Another shot of the sky
At this point I was unsure if it was worth even going to bed.

2 comments:

  1. d'n'b dance step.. well wicked

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one rude bwoy. Chech Republic has a massive dnb scene! They got nuts for it over there...

    PS: congrats on the CPA again ;) And no, not worth going to bed. Time for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete